Nepal in Night Contest
#photoNepal, the official photo sharing platform of Nepal Tourism Board is endorsing Nepal tourism through photography. With an aim to showcase the history, art and culture of Nepal to the outer world, photoNepal announces a photography contest "Night Photography contest" Nepal in Night.
What to submit:
Photographs that aesthetically portray the beauty of Nepal at Night.
- Show your best photography skills by capturing Nepal at Night.
- Submit your photos in photonepal.travel and share the link in your Social media wall with hashtag #photoNepal and #NepalInNight.
- Select Contest as a category and #photoNepal and NepalInNight as a tag while submitting your photos in photonepal.travel
- photoNepal shall select top 5 photographs based on the decision provided by the internal committee and the result shall be announced via the official facebook page of photoNepal.
- Best 5 photographs will win 10,000 NPR each and a chance to be exhibited in #photoNepal exhibitions at NTB.
- Submissions open till Nov 9.
Rules for Submission:
- All participants must Submit their own work. The photograph must be taken by the participant and they should be ready to provide Original file when requested.
- All entry should follow competition’s rules. If Admin team feel that the submission does not comply with the competition rules then the submission will be rejected.
- Entry must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Also: any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law either of the Jurisdiction or any other country whose laws may apply to the entry.
- Model release or any other form of release required for any identifiable person or place is the responsibility of the participant. The photos submitted will be considered to have had these release papers signed. NTB will not be liable for any violation of copyright, trademark or any intellectual property rights of any third person or violation of person’s rights of privacy.
- Your entry must not contain any watermark or logo or text of any type.
- All photos must be submitted to https://photonepal.travel
- Select "contest" as a category while uploading your image to qualify for the competition.
- Only 5 photos per member per competition is permitted.
- All submissions must mention two hashtags, #photoNepal and #NepalinNight.
- Digitally manipulated images are not allowed. Only minor adjustments to colour, contrast and crop is permitted.
- All files must be saved in JPEG or JPG format & recommended size is between 5-20mb. You will require to Submit high resolution images with original one, if selected.
- NTB Judging Panel will select the images from submission.
- Decision given by the judging panel will be final.
- Judging will be done based on standard judging template used by judges to ensure points are given based on Technique, Composition, Story and General Aesthetics.
- Judges reserve the right to revoke a decision if a Photo is found to violate any copyright laws during or even after a decision has been made and announced.
General Terms and Conditions:
By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
Copyright of submitted photos will be owned by the entrant and NTB asserts no claims and rights to any images entered into the competition.
However, NTB retains the rights for the below mentioned:
- Photos submitted may be used to promote current and future events hosted by NTB.
- Photos submitted may be posted in other NTB social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- NTB may add text or additional graphics to the photos when using the photo to promote it’s events.
And also NTB retains the rights for the below mentioned:
NTB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the competition's requirements, even after the entry is submitted.
photoNepal reserves the right to disqualify contestants. By entering the contest, entrants grant photoNepal a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard purposes. Any photographs reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. photoNepal will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to the copyright, are not eligible and our committee reserves the right to remove the photo and disqualify it from the contest.